Thursday, January 13, 2005

On Tap For Today...

I have tons to do today. But I need to slow down. So I need to make a choice. I'm not going to fall into the trap of working a little harder today so I can take it easy tomorrow. That never happens. All I can do is try to prioritize as best I can and do what I can do and not worry about the rest. I can avoid heaping more responsibility on my plate. And I can try to include the help of others like my wife and my friends to help with various projects and tasks.

Hey, I can quit trying to be super man. But I will continue to try to do all things to the best of my ability. Yesterday was insane. I got up early and was busy from 7 AM to 10 PM. I'm actually up earlier today and still have a ton of stuff to get done but I'm going after my task with a sane calmness that was absent yesterday.

I'm going to take a little time to read the bible this morning. That's something I always intend to do but it always seems to get pushed off the daily agenda. After my quiet time I need to wrap up this tournament I'm working on. Then I have lessons in League City all afternoon. If there's time between getting the tournament finished and leaving for my lessons I'll help do some chores around the house. Then I'm going to try to get to bed as early as possible tonight, so I can start Friday feeling refreshed and ready for action...!

That's it for now.

See you tomorrow morning with Coach Sam's daily ramblings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not criticize yourself or beat yourself up! You have a full plate and God is with you. One of the toughest times in a man's life is when his wife is pregnant, because that means he is doing the work of and for three people, himself, wife and child. God will give you the strngth to keep working to support the family. And listening to the Christian preachers and radio whenever possible will help you to keep your sanity during all of this. God will help you accomplish all the necessary tasks and fall in to a sound, exhausted sleep each night. The biggest amount of responsibility and stress fall on the man, so God made us able to handle it and helps us handle it if we keep saturated in his word. So at this point of the pregnancy, you are supposed to be exhausted each night!

Anonymous said...

Also look at the James Dobson Focus on the Family website(the Christian psychologist). Plenty of insight on how to help your wife's depression and her feelings during pregnancy. Technically he is not a preacher, but he interrelates psychology and the Christian perspective and has a great website on figuring things out.