Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Could I be a little busier...?

I was so tired when I got home last night at 10:30 PM... I tried to stay up and visit with the family for awhile but ended up going straight to bed. I was out when my head hit the pillow. And while I normally get up at 4 AM to blog and do my devotional I slept in until 7 AM today. I've got way too much going on to get done in one day today so I need to take a few minutes of quiet time later this morning and prioritize everything.

Connor's coming with me to work today. He'll get a heavy dose of tennis the rest of the week after taking yesterday off. We're also starting his studies today. He's going to finish his school year here at home via correspondence with his school in Tennessee.

Monica's doing better. She's suffering from busy-ness like I am but I think she's handling it better than me. At least her attitude has better than mine these past few days. (But I'm working on it.) I'm just still trying to recover from missing over a week of work. I'm so far behind on my email correspondence it's crazy. I have nearly 200 emails in my Microsoft outlook inbox and about 200 in my online mail server, too. That's over a day of replys right there.

Plus I've got two tournaments coming up on the same weekend. One I'm organizing for the HPTA and the other I'm hosting at Columbia Lakes. That was an insane proposition. It would have been difficult enough under normal conditions. But losing a week for my emergency trip to Tennessee is really placing a squeeze on my time table. But when circumstance are beyond one's control, how are you supposed to respond?

I've just got to be patient and do the best I can and not be all stressed. God made me good under pressure and now I'm getting a chance to sharpen my working under pressure cooking skills.

I know this busy season will pass. The last week of April I'll be able to breathe a little easier, and with May will come a little lull, then BAM...! I'll dive into my busiest summer schedule ever and the baby will arrive at the end of July so I can transition to a new life all over again....! But right now I can't look that far ahead. I just need to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time...

Well... That's it for now. All that's on my mind is getting caught up at work and being there for Connor and Monica...!

Thanks for reading my journal. I'll probably post again this evening or again first thing in the morning!

Bye for now... Coach Sam

0 comments: