Sunday, May 29, 2005

Memorial Day Bar B Que Blog...!

.
I got up this morning at 2 AM to start a briskett. Hannah is happy to have the company...! I've been just putzing around on the computer the last 30 minutes and now I'm kinda sleepy. It's 4 AM and I'm probably going to throw a bunch of coals in the fire box on the smoker and take a 90 minute nap. We're going to the late church service this morning at Houston Metropolitan Baptist then by the time we get home the briskett should be ready...!

That's it for now... Please check back throughout the weekend as I'll be adding comments regularly.

This is the Memorial Day Weekend Bar B Que Blog... You might recall my last Holiday blog was the 2004 Family Thanksgiving Blog.... I'll be posting photos later, too.

See you in a couple hours. -SC -4:07 AM


9:27 AM Update:

We were out of foil so I improvised a smoker box out of an aluminum can and wood chips... That seemed to work fine. The briskett is looking good. It's smelling good, too! I'm going to stoke the fire before we head off for church and the briskett should be just about ready when we get home.

Earlier this morning I watched Lakewood Church on TV, then I watched Dr Charles Stanley. His sermon was awesome as usual. Monica and I are watching the French Open right now, But we're about to start getting ready for church.

Hannah is playing with her toys. Connor is still asleep.

That's about it. I'm taking an easy day today. It will really be one of my few complete days off for the next month....!

More later... Bye for now... SC 9:36 AM

0 comments: