Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Taking a Personal Day

.
Today I'm taking a day off from work at Columbia Lakes. I've got way too many other projects that I'm behind on right now and I have to get them completed today...!

I'm completing the Kingwood tournament today. I have a ton of HPTA work to do. I have some major business filing and reporting to do. I need to send correspondence for my Tennis Free For All coming up this Saturday. I'm about to dive right in to these projects now and I'm sure I'll still be cranking it out tonight until 10 PM.

But that's my cut off time. No matter what happens I want to continue to get my rest. I can not afford not to rest any more. I've burned the midnight oil too much the last few years. And I think the way I feel right now, and my current physical condition is definitely a product of years of not getting enough rest.

I know that I can't expect immediate results. It took me years to get in this condition and to reverse those effects will not be an over night process. But I am happy to report that I've slept at least 6 hours the past few days and I've stayed on a good diet and eating regimen all day yesterday. I weighed in this morning at 226.5 lbs. That's a 2 pound drop from yesterday...!

My lesson with Connor yesterday went ok but it could have been better. He took the rest of the day off from tennis. Today will probably be an off day for him, too. Monica is doing well. We had some quality family time last night just sitting on the couch visiting. I'm not sure what all's on her schedule today....

I'm getting a hair cut today, for sure...! Connor probably will, too...!

Well, I need to dive in to my morning... I'll try to report back again later. I know I wrote that yesterday and I never logged back in, but I'll try to take a break in between projects an will welcome some blog time.

Bye for now.

Coach Sam

1 comments:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

You go, Sam! Try drinking lots of water(at least six 8oz glasses a day). You will lose weight more easily and also cleanse your cells of toxic waste. I have lost 20 pounds doing that along with cutting portions by half and no snacks after dinner.