Thursday, October 07, 2004

Another Rain Day... YAHOO...!

Yesterday turned out to be a big rain day. All my afternoon lessons were rained out. I had lots of trouble with my dial up internet connection in West Columbia so I was pretty much cut off from my email all day, and my new racquet stringing machine was giving me some problems... Needless to say, I was in a bit of a bad mood by yesterday evening.

But my sweet wife was there to make it better. She went to the store and got me a bottle of wine, a baguette and my favorite cheeses... And... Some delicious chocolate ice cream! Sigh... She loves me so much! -And she's always trying to do little things for me to make me feel more loved. I decided to save the bread, wine and cheese for another occasion, but I did dive in to the chocolate ice cream later last night and it didmake feel a whole lot better.

Today it looks like more rain is in the forecast so I'm going to take matters into my own hands and cancel my afternoon lessons and save myself a trip across town. I'm going to rest a little, fix my racquet stringer, and get caught up on some projects here at the house...

I've learned that prolonged periods of rain are just God's way of making me slow down a little so I'm going to take advantage of that.

But here's a quick tip for those of you who may be associated with a workaholic spouse or significant other: Chocolate is a very good way to soothe the savage beast...!

That's it for now... Thanks for reading my journal. I hope you have an awesome day...!

Coach Sam

0 comments: