Friday, October 22, 2004

Friday Afternoon Musings...

I'm in a strange mood right now... I guess I just feel the need to vent a little bit... Writing always refreshes me... It's just cleansing for the soul... I don't normally write negative stuff but I'm just going to unload right now and empty my recycle bin...!

I've been thinking a lot about who ever stole my gas powered trimmer and air blower from my garage last week... It gets me fired up and a little angry. It also scares me a little bit. Over the years I've been the victim of crime several times. My car has been broken into twice and both times I've had my stereo stolen. Now I just don't keep a nice stereo in it any more.

Something else that has always bothered me is that I've had more tennis racquets just walk off right out of my office than I'd care to remember... People just borrowed them and forgot to ever return them...? They figure, 'Oh, he's a tennis Pro and gets them free so what's the problem any way...' Well the problem is I don't get all of them free and what difference does it make if I did...? I'm so disappointed to see our culture slipping like it is.

The other day we called a plumber to schedule some work. He had to decline the job we needed him for because his tools for that particular type of work had been recently stolen.

A couple of months ago there was no soap in the men's room at the country club where I work and I bought a small individual dispenser and put it out one morning. It had disappeared by lunch time... I never even got to use it...!

What's up with people stealing so much....? People will steal anything.... Even bathroom soap and toilet paper...! What a sad state of affairs...

I'm nervous to think what I might do if I ever caught someone in the act of stealing something... I think I'd go from a sane, calm person into some kind of crazed berserker. I pray I'd respond appropriately. But what is appropriate response to personal violation...? I know we're just talking about some hand soap, yard tools, and relatively inexpensive stereos. But is stealing anything a lesser evil...? Man, I'm getting pretty fired up, now...

In the Muslim Culture of 'Jihad Justice' don't they cut off your hand if you are caught stealing...? Now there's an idea...!

And while I'm a little keyed up... What if I got my hands on someone who makes and distributes computer viruses...? Oh man... That would really be a test of my Forgiving Nature, Grace, and Mercy. And as long as I'm venting... Let me just say that sometimes I wish I could exact revenge on all the discourteous drivers out there. But that's really my wife's pet peeve. I can see my sweet little Monica morphing into some kind of Mel Gibson's Mad Max Vigil Ante Type and vaporizing rude drivers...!

Bad Television really fires me up, too. At least I can just turn that off...

Let's see, what else...? How about bad cell phone service...? I don't know how Verizon Wireless stays in business....!

I guess just poor customer service in general ticks me off. Probably because I'm in the service industry and I take pride in my work...! Sadly, good customer service seems to be the exception instead of the norm.

Hmmm... I guess that's it. I've let off enough steam for now...! Please, I welcome your comments. I'm sure I must have struck a nerve with some one out there...!

I do feel a little better now... I guess I'll close here... Bye for now. Thanks for reading my journal...!

Coach Sam

0 comments: