Thursday, October 21, 2004

Today: A Big Day for Everybody

The Astros need to have a big Day Today. So does Sam Chadwell. I need to go out and earn a living for my family...! Whew...!

I've had a much worse month so far than anticipated... 4 or 5 rain days takes a big chunk out of our living expenses... Then we've had several unexpected home repair bills, too...

But, The good news is that Monica is happily working at the college now and things should keep rolling for me so I know we'll work through the 'crises'...

Last night the church service went very well...! So that's a good thing. It's still early this morning, I've already completed my devotional and after this journal entry I'll press on to the rest of my day.

I've got to spend the rest of this morning making contacts for lessons the rest of the week (and month).

My day stacks up pretty full. I have lessons from 1 to 7 PM tonight at Rustic Oaks. Then it's back home to watch the Astros qualify for the World Series...!

Sorry I don't have any humorous stories or reflections for you today but I've got to keep my nose to the grind stone as they say...

Have you ever heard that phrase...? 'Keeping your nose to the grindstone...' It implys working long and hard, but I wonder what it's origin was...?

Oh well... Thanks for tuning in to Coach Sam's Daily Journal... See You next Time...!

0 comments: