Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Look Coach Sam's up Late...!

11:32 PM... Not bad for an old guy like me... I'm usually fast asleep long before now. But I had a long day today. Lots of lessons this afternoon and then music rehearsal at church tonight from 8:30 to 10 PM... I just got home at 11 PM and have been checking email and Instant Messaging Space Cowboy in Ft Worth.

I usually can't sleep after music rehearsal. It gets me pumped up to play in a band and the adrenalin keeps me awake. I need to practice a bunch tomorrow morning. I'm playing in the Wednesday night service and I have to learn a new song and practice some older ones. The horn section is playing 4 songs total. That's the most we've ever done in a performance.

I'm taking off from work Wednesday afternoon and evening to play in the church worship band. They normally utilize my skills only on Sundays but this is a special occasion. I'm taking the whole day off from tennis and I'm going to get caught up on a bunch of stuff here at the house, too.

In other news: Monica had a much better day at her new job today. (Yesterday, her first day, did not go so well...) I didn't get to visit with her because she was asleep when I got home tonight but she relayed the good news to me on the phone. So that's Good. Very Good!

Well... I think I'll close here... I guess a little of that adrenalin is wearing off...!

Thanks for reading my journal. Talk to you later... Coach Sam

0 comments: