Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Burglary of Coach Sam

My Sunday started off well with a good sermon at church but quickly deteriorated after that. I'm in an unusually bad mood right now. Here's the lowlights of my day in no particular order: This afternoon I had just finished working in the yard mowing and raking leaves and pine needles. I was going to get the trimmer out and do a little manicuring along the fence lines and around the trees. But realized that my trimmer and my leaf blower had been stolen from my garage.

Since we always keep our garage door closed and locked that means someone must have come in from the side door off our back patio...!

That really stinks...! It must have happened sometime last week because I used the leaf blower to clean out the garage last Sunday.

Anyway, I'm in a bad mood right now! I'll get over it, but still... It's hard to have kind Christian thoughts and a forgiving spirit to something like this...

I'm also in a bad mood because earlier today after lunch Monica and I went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science and there was a 3 and a half hour wait so we bagged it for another day.

Then the Astros Lost...

All in all, I'm glad today's done and over with...
I'll post again in the morning...

0 comments: