Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Sore Thumb...!

.
Two weeks ago I poked myself in the thumb with a stringer's awl while I was stringing a racquet. I didn't think much about it at the time, and I don't remember it hurting very much if any the following week. But this week my thumb has swollen up to almost twice it's normal size and I can hardly use that hand. I can't turn on the car ignition with my right hand. In fact, I can't do anything with my right thumb and it's in excruciating pain. It's been throbbing for a couple of days now. I'm scheduled to see a Doctor about it this afternoon...

I don't normally complain about nagging little injuries, And I hate to go to the doctor, but this really hurts...! It's not discolored or anything, but it's quite swollen. Oh well, we'll see what the Doctor says...

I'm hanging out at Coffee Oasis today... It's off NASA Road One by Kirby, in the Arlans' Market shopping center. It's a little more quiet than Diedrich's and I was looking for peace and quiet today. I've been on and off the phone with Monica all afternoon. She had a good doctor's visit. Her due date is this Sunday, but if the baby hasn't come by next Tuesday she has another Doctor's appointment next Tuesday for an ultra sound. Then they may determine to induce labor next Thursday or the following Tuesday at the latest. So we are definitely into the final countdown...!

I had a bad Hannah Report today... That's not good... I'm not sure if she'll get voted off the island or not, but right now it's not looking too promising for her...

That's about it for now... I'm going to try to catch up on emails and phone calls....

Chadwell Out...

0 comments: