Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday Update...

Hello Friends...

Yesterday was a fun day... I went to watch some of the members of Columbia Lakes compete in a city championship tournament and then I went to West Side Tennis Center to watch the pros play world team tennis.

Connor, Monica and I got to see Martina Navratilova... That was pretty neat. Connor was definitely inspired...! Monica had to leave early because she was tired but Connor and I stayed until the match finished at 10:30 PM... It was great tennis...! Unfortunately the home team lost by one game...!

Team Tennis is definitely where it's at...! In fact, I've started a team tennis program for the community around Columbia Lakes and it's going quite well. That area wants and needs organized play for tennis to grow...! We have matches at Columbia Lakes this afternoon and Connor and I are heading there after church this morning.

Yesterday was also my Mom's Birthday... She would have been 68 years old yesterday. I thought about her a lot through out the day. Her favorite thing to do on her birthday was to go to the Red Lobster restaurant in Lake Jackson and order a lobster. It was ironic that at the tennis event yesterday they served lobster to the first 1000 fans that came through the gates. It just so happened that the Houston Team was playing the team from Boston and their team name was the 'Lobsters'. That was the reason for the Lobster give away... Mom would have really enjoyed that...!

We are still on Baby watch here... No baby yet....! But we've got plenty of baby stuff...!

Hannah (our puppy) is doing better. She's not so jumpy or as hyper as she was last month but she still has her moments.... I suppose I can offer the exact same report on Connor... (still has his moments...)

Actually, Connor is doing very well. He's really into his tennis now... And he's pretty excited about the upcoming birth of his baby brother...

That's about it for now... I've got to get ready for church...!

Bye for now.... Coach Sam

0 comments: