Monday, December 06, 2004

Avocados...?

Avocadoes are nutritional powerhouses! The American Diabetic Association even touts them as nutrition superstars and America’s answer to the Mediterranean diet’s olive oil. Avocado is one of the best sources of monounsaturated fat, known to lower "bad" LDL cholesterol, raise heart-healthy HDL cholesterol and help stabilize blood sugar levels.

This is the headline on my e-diet tip of the day...! That's good news because I love avocados...! I need to learn to eat avocados and not all the chips that I normally consume with them...! Hmmm... I may run to HEB later today and get an avocado supplement...! I haven't had my cholesterol in a while and last time I did check it, it was a little high...!

I weighed in today at 225.5 lbs... I added half a pound from yesterday. Although I ate very nutritious food yesterday, I didn't exercise at all. Today my foot feels better. So I will get some new insoles and I'll be back in business!

Monica is going to ride up to work with me today. We left one of our Jeeps there at Columbia Lakes on Saturday so we could ride back together in one car.

So far the weather looks good. It's going to be 70 degrees today...! That's very un-December-like weather. But later on a cold front is supposed to move in and cool things down a little bit. I guess I'll bring both shorts and warm up pants today!

I have a lesson at 9 AM this morning, then not again until 4:30 PM. But I'm hoping to get a 3:30 lesson, too. I'm on the court until 8:00 PM tonight if all goes well with the weather. All in all, it's a full day!

That's it for now... Talk to you later...

Coach Sam


0 comments: