Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Christmas Feast

Yesterday I smoked briskett for 12 hours and it came out really good... This morning I'm smoking a turkey. The bird went in at 5:30 AM so it should be ready between Noon and 1 PM if I can keep the smoker temperature steady.

I awakened this morning hoping to see some snow accumulated on the ground but there was none. Oh well. It was fun to see snow yesterday while it lasted. In fact yesterday was a very nice relaxing day... Much like I hope today will be. Merry Christmas to all...!

Coach Sam @ 5:32 AM

)()()()()()()()()()()()(
The Smoker is looking good... I heard that Victoria had nearly a foot of snow yesterday. Bay City got eight inches... I'll bet my brother John is making a snow man this morning... Monica and I are channel surfing. With basic cable I think we only get about 20 channels but that's plenty for me. We used to get about 200 channels but found that to be a waste of money because we can go many days without ever even turning the TV on...
Uh Oh.... Monica found the giblets from the turkey and it kinda of grossed her out. I was planning on making some giblet gravey. Being from California Monica's not used to these Southern traditions. Oh well... I'd better get to work helping get lunch ready... Bye for now....
Coach Sam @ 7:38 AM
***************************
Monica just made some rice krispie treats to tide me over until the good stuff is ready. And that should just be a couple more hours. Maybe 2 and a half hours...
I've been working on updating my tennis photo album. This new computer has some great photo editing programs.... I'll be working on my websites pretty much all day today....
The Turkey is cooking nicely. I think Monica is making an apple pie, too... Also on the menu is briskett from last night, green bean casserole, corn bread dressing, and maybe sweet potatoe casserole... I need to go to the store and get some cranberry sauce.... I can't believe we forgot that...!
More later...
Coach Sam @ 10:00 AM
***************************
Another snow report... One of my tennis students Kathryn Rice reported that Angleton got 5 inches of snow last night. She said that she stayed up nearly all night playing in the snow...! What a nice Christmas this has been for everyone...!
And Monica just found some cranberry sauce so that saves me a trip to the store...
Now I may just go to Blockbuster and get some movies... I need to return some, too.
Coach Sam@ 10:20 AM

0 comments: