Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Life and Personalities of my Cats...

My cats are really interesting. They all have unique personalities and to observe their interaction is really quite amazing. Here's a quick over view:

Jack... He's the oldest. 7 years old. He's overweight and acts grumpy much of the time towards the other cats. But he's normally very loving to Monica and I... I wonder if he eats a lot because he's unhappy with his life, or Monica and I just spoil him with too much food...?

Hobbes is next in line. He was born in December 2001 and we adopted him in January when he was still a baby. When he was a kitten he was very mischievous and that's why we named hum Hobbes. He is the sweetest of all the kitties. He hates to fight, and allows Peepers to think she's in charge even though he could easily kick her butt if he wanted too. He's very loving and patient and is acting as a cool big brother to Gabriel.

Peepers moved in when we moved to North Houston. She had been a stray living in the Montrose area and we adopted her after we bought a bigger house. We think she's about 2 years old. She is a sweet loving kitty and loves us very much but she hates Hobbes for some reason and doesn't care for Gabriel, either. She seems indifferent to Jack. She's always hungry and loves to hang in the the kitchen and dining room when we're cooking or eating. I think of Peepers as being from another country, like France. And she only speaks French. She can't communicate with the American kitties and she's always in an uproar about something and hisses and growls at the American cats, Jack, Hobbes, and Gabriel. She's a proud, stubborn, French kitty stuck in America with out a passport. Or maybe she just hates living in house full of male cats.. I haven't really figured out the source of her hostility, yet. Perhaps it's emotional scars from her early childhood.

Gabriel is a baby who we rescued a few months ago when he was only weeks old. He was just skin and bones when he wound up on our back patio. We immediately fell in love with him... He plays all the time and sees the world through a child's eyes.

I'll start posting pictures again in the next few days. I haven't loaded my picture programs onto this new computer yet...

That's it... Just A brief introduction into the life and perspective of my cats.

Today I have to try to be at Columbia Lakes by noon. I have a lesson at 1 PM... Then some office time for a few hours and then several hours of lessons later in the afternoon and evening. That's about it for now...

Have an awesome day...

Coach Sam

0 comments: