Monday, December 20, 2004

Back to the Rock Quarry...

That's my favorite line from the Flintsones. Good old Fred Flintsone. He sure had a lot to say about life.

Monica and I enjoyed a wonderfully elegant dinner with friends last night. It was simply delightful. We haven't done that in a long time. Today is a special day, too. Monica's coming to work with me today. She'll help me with my camp this morning and then she's going to work on an art project this afternoon while I teach private lessons.

I love it when Monica comes to work with me. I miss her terribly on those days when I'm away sometimes 12 plus hours...

Hmmmmm... She's having a hard time waking up this morning. That's not surprising... She went to bed a little after 11 PM last night so she's only had about six hours sleep. I had some coffee after dinner last night and it was super strong. I slept very lightly last night. I awakened quite frequently every hour or so. In fact, I don't know why I'm not so tired right now... I'm sure it will hit me this afternoon.

Oh well... I'd better go in there and try to wake Monica up again...!

Ok... I was successful that time, but she's not too talkative, yet...

So, let's see... Here's a quick recap of my weekend.

Friday was a full day with lessons in Clear Lake, then lunch in Sugarland, then more lessons in Clear Lake... Then the annual church Christmas party.... Saturday I taught in West Columbia all morning and then went to Bay City in the afternoon.... Sunday Monica and I slept in and then went shopping at Costco, then we went to Texas Art supply to buy her a drafting table she can use at Columbia Lakes. We still had a few extra minutes so we went to a chocolate candy store to pick up a few gifts, then we went to half price books -One of my favorite stores. I got a copy of a tennis book that I loaned out a few years ago and never had it returned to me. I also got a book on how to make my own sushi at home. And Monica got a pregnancy video or something... I hope she doesn't make me watch it with her... After our little Half Price Books shopping spree we went to dinner at a friend's house in Baytown.

So, it was a very full weekend. This week won't be so bad... I've got a busy day today and tomorrow. and I have a lot of lessons scheduled for Wednesday but the weather is supposed to be bad... We'll just have to wait and see....

That's the scoop. Thanks for reading my journal. I'll try to update tomorrow morning...!

Bye for now...

Coach Sam

0 comments: